Your Liver Deserves a Detox
In this day and age, our bodies are constantly bombarded with a never-ending onslaught of toxins, chemicals, pesticides, artificial coloring, poisons and hormones from the food we eat, the water we drink and air we breathe and the environment we live in. Unfortunately, the liver carries the load.
Consider just a few of the toxins we injest:
- alcohols, ammonia, bleach, formaldehyde, and lye in many common household products
- Lead and cadmium in children's toys, backpacks, raincoats, video game components and more
- pesticides in home, garden and lawn products
- asbestos, radon, lead, solvents in water
- petroleum by-products in cosmetics and foods
- tar in candy bars
- bleach in white flower products
- neurotoxin from the aspartame in diet sodas
- diethanolomine, anti-freeze, engine degreasers in soaps and shampoos (see Is Your Shampoo, Toothpaste, and Soap Destroying Your Health?)
- and many more
Because these toxins are so prevelant in our environment, many are unavoidable. The combination of all these toxins in our body is nearly overwhelming - especially to the liver. It's a wonder we survive at all!
Such a huge amount of foreign substances is unnatural to our bodies. The liver and kidneys must work hard to neutralize the onslaught. It's their job to eliminate these toxins from our bodies. But how can they keep up with the load?
Your liver has a very important job to receive nutrients digested from food (arriving from your intestines), and repackage them for use in the rest of the body when needed. And those nutrients need to be clean and pure. It's the liver's job to clear the blood of old blood cells and pollutants and make new plasma and proteins. In fact, the liver is the only organ in the body responsible for cleansing the blood.
One of the best ways to detox the liver quickly is with the Liver Flush. To get a copy, click here
There are also many herbal products available that detoxify the liver over time. Juva Cleanse and JuvaFlex are excellent liver detoxers available at TheRealEssentials.com (scroll down to "Essential Oil Blends").
Since we are exposed to and consume more chemicals and toxins than ever before, the liver needs to be detoxed regularly. In addition, it's critical to practice good eating habits to keep your liver clean and functioning as close to peak levels as possible.